|Job Title||Barista / Floor staff|
|Reporting to||Restaurant Manager|
|Contract/hours:||Permanent – full time and part time|
Re:Centre is a new concept opening on the Thames Path where visitors can find a sanctuary of rest and reflection – a space to connect to ourselves and others in an authentic and balanced way. In this fast-paced and action-oriented world, it is here we are able to find a connection to ourselves, and to our innate inner creative flow. The space will comprise a main event space or exhibition hall, a rentable workshop space, an artists’ residency programme, our restaurant, a yoga studio, treatment rooms and a rest area.
The restaurant overlooks the river and has both indoor and outdoor seating areas. Our key approach is offering sustainable, seasonal fare – with a focus on seasonal, and as far as possible, local produce. Our mission to be sustainable has led us to the decision to be meat-free, but we would like our consumers to experience inventive, exciting and celebratory ways of enjoying seasonal produce whilst eating less meat, and focusing more on the bounty of seasonal produce on our doorsteps.
Purpose of the Job
We have full time and part time positions available for an immediate start in our new restaurant in Hammersmith.
The role requires a consistently high level of customer service. All roles include making a range of hot and cold drinks to our high standards and waiting tables.
Barista experience is preferred but not essential as training will be given. The ability to work alone yet as part of a close team is advantagous too.
Hours of working will be on a full time basis of 40 hours week and a part time basis between 20-30 hours week. We are open from Monday to Sunday, so weekend work is required on a rotation basis.
We are looking for a motivated team player, who is well presented, with good communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making coffee, an eye for detail, as well as strong customer service, who ideally lives close by.
- Greeting customers as they arrive and showing them to their table
- Giving out menus and taking orders for food and drink
- Serving food and drinks
- Dealing with bill payments
- Making sure tables and restaurant areas are clean and tidy
- Actively selling food and drinks to meet daily, weekly, monthly targets
- Maintaining inventories by replenishing all areas concerning service and drinks area
- Maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations
- Protect the health, safety and well being of our guests and colleagues at all times
- Actively seek feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond efficiently, referring to the Restaurant Manager where appropriate
- Working as part of a team & independently
- Strong communication skills
- Credentials in health and safety training
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 pro rata
Date: July 2018
This job description is intended as a guide to your duties. You may be required to undertake additional or new duties from time to time to ensure the most efficient use of available resources and to meet the Company’s business needs.