|Job Title:||Event and Sales Assistant|
|Reporting to:||Events Manager|
|Contract:||Permanent, Full Time|
Re:Centre is a new concept on the Thames Path where visitors can find a sanctuary of rest and reflection – a space to connect with ourselves and others in a more authentic and balanced way. In this fast-paced and action-oriented world, it is here we are able to find a connection to ourselves, and to our innate inner creative flow. Re:Centre comprises a main event space, a workshop space, an artist programme, vegetarian café and yoga studio.
Purpose of the Job
An exciting opportunity to join Re:Centre and be instrumental in its early stage of growth. This key individual will use their initiative and drive to secure bookings and deliver events. You will support both the General Manager and Events Manager with general office and events administration, outreach for new business and hands on delivery of event logistics.
- Customer Service: efficiently and professionally handling calls, emails and site visits
- Administration: confidently managing enquiries, quotes, bookings, invoices and feedback
- Logistics: managing pre, during and post event logistics
- Understanding commercial principles and what is required to develop the department
- Administration of the events procedures and support to the General Manager
- Client liaison – building and maintaining positive relationships with prospective and existing partners, clients and guests
- Researching opportunities and preparing proposals for business development
- Organising and attending events such as networking, seminars, workshops and exhibitions.
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers to when ordering supplies for events (stationery, equipment hire, etc)
- Assisting in all departments of the business with a can do approach.
- Flexible, supportive and team-minded in your approach to work, you will also need to demonstrate the ability to take personal responsibility, act independently, and manage your time to achieve objectives across several strands of activity.
- Strong interpersonal skills – confidence to work and interact with all levels within and outside of the organisation.
- Creativity, drive and initiative – ability to maintain effectiveness in a dynamic environment and translate opportunities into action plans
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Understanding and experience in delivering great customer service
- Able to work flexibly to suit the hours and needs of the business
- A can do attitude with energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Good organisation and time management.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook proficient.
- Good standard of numeracy; able to maintain/monitor budgets.
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- A passion for great customer service
Education and Experience
- Proven experience and/or qualification in event planning or administration and support
- Knowledge of business and commercial principles
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures
Salary: £18,000/£20,000 gross per annum, dependent on experience
Date: August 2019
This job description is intended as a guide to your duties. You may be required to undertake additional or new duties from time to time to ensure the most efficient use of available resources and to meet the Company’s business needs.