|Job Title||Weekend Receptionist|
|Reporting to||Reception Manager|
|Contract/hours||Permanent; Part Time|
Re:Centre is a mindful venue on the Thames Path where visitors can find a sanctuary of rest and reflection. In this fast-paced and action-oriented world, it is here that we are able to find meaningful connection to ourselves, others and to our own inner creativity. Re:Centre comprises two large spaces for hire, a vegetarian café, yoga studio and artist residence program.
Purpose of the Job
As Receptionist you will be the first point of contact for Re:Centre visitors, providing excellent customer service and ensuring each visit exceeds expectations. You need to be enthusiastic about meeting and greeting guests and being part of our vibrant and welcoming community. A warm, friendly and engaging personality are key to this role and to the team that you will be joining.
The role requires you to welcome visitors, handling enquiries by phone, email and face to face, communication is key. You will communicate information regarding Re:Centre and all that we have to offer in a timely and efficient manner.
• Act as an ambassador to the centre, delivering first class customer service at all times
• Provide information and advice as requested on services, events or promotions within Re:Centre.
• Maintaining good knowledge of all aspects of our business, from classes, to events, café and art program being able to assist with enquiries that arise and sell in a confident manner
• Greet and assist all visitors
• Sign people in for yoga classes and events, assisting with account creation and sales of class packages on Mindbody online software (training will be given).
• Deal with any issues raised or escalate if required to ensure a satisfactory resolution
• Undertake visitor tours of the centre as required
• Manage the telephones, answering, screening and directing calls; taking and relaying messages
• Ensure a clean and welcoming reception environment
• Attend all meetings requested and maintain knowledge on all departments’ operations
• Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
• Provide general administrative support where needed.
• Handle hire enquiries to support the Events team.
• Manage daily tasks required for the efficient running of Re:Centre.
• Opening and closing and performing health and safety and security checks.
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Friendly, outgoing personality and professional personal presentation
• A patient listener, able to show empathy and handle customer feedback and issues with courtesy.
• Ability to prioritise and work well within a dynamic environment
• An eye for detail and care for the centre’s appearance and cleanliness
• Ability to work as part of a cohesive team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
• Be self-motivated and proactive in maintaining standards while being the sole receptionist on duty
• Have an up-beat, can-do attitude
• Can work weekends, both mornings and evenings
• Passionate about wellbeing and excited about being a part of the Re:Centre team
Education and Experience
• Previous experience in a customer facing role
• Knowledge of Customer Service principles and practices
• Experience of administrative and clerical procedures
• Competent user of computers and relevant software applications with good keyboard skills
Date: January 2020
This job description is intended as a guide to your duties. You may be required to undertake additional or new duties from time to time to ensure the most efficient use of available resources and to meet the Company’s business needs.